In October 2020, the Executive Management Team was appointment to run the day-to-day operations of the trust and to ensure the infrastructure and processes are in place for the lodgement of claims and payment of compensation to eligible claimants.
The executive team comprises of Daniel Kotton - CEO of the Trust, Tina da Cruz (the lead individual in the Interim Management Team) - Chief Operations Officer, Dr Zahan Eloff - Medical Director and Eben Janse van Rensburg who has been appointed on an interim basis as the Chief Financial Officer. The Trust has set up offices in Parktown, Johannesburg and has recruited management and other staff involved in various positions including stakeholder engagement and communications, claims administration, training, outreach and field activities, and medical certification management.
TSHIAMISO TRUST STRUCTURES
The Trust has established a number of the structures required by the Trust Deed including appointing individuals to posts specified in the Trust Deed. The central structures for the approval of claims are:
- The Medical Certification Panel, that assesses the medical reports that must accompany each claim. A panel of twelves medical doctors have been appointed to sit on the panel – with three required to approve the medical aspects of each claim; and
The Trust Certification Committee, which must approve all other aspects of each claim for compliance with the rules of the Trust. An interim panel has been appointed and a permanent panel will be appointed in due course.
Medical Advisory Panel
The Trust Deed also provides for the appointment of an expert Medical Advisory Panel. It, too has been appointed:
- Dr Mpho Rabada
- Prof Mohammed Jeebhay
- Prof David Rees
- Dr Spo Kgalamono
- Associate Prof Saloshni Naidoo
- Dr Vanessa Govender
Any claimant whose application is declined, either on medical or any other grounds, may lodge an appeal with the relevant one of two bodies.
Medical Reviewing Authority
- Prof. Rodney Ehrlich (OccupationalHealth Specialist)
- Prof. Lalloo (Pulmonologist)
- Dr. Nomhle Makaula-Chimusoro (Radiologist)
- Dr. Rajen Naidoo (Occupational Health Specialist)
- Prof. E M Irusen (Pulmonologist)
- Dr Qonita Said-Hartley (Radiologist)
Members of the Certification Reviewing Authority have not yet been appointed.