How to claim
To view the claims process in a different language please click on the labels below
THE 8-STEP CLAIMS PROCESS
This is the step-by-step process on how to claim a benefit.
Step 1: CHECK YOUR DETAILS
- Check Your Details
- Call the call centre:
- a. Inside South Africa 080 1000 240
- b. Outside of South Africa 00 27 10 500 6186
If possible, try to make sure that you are the person doing the checking instead of asking someone else to do it for you.
Step 2: BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
- South Africa – 0801 000 240
- Number to phone if you are not in South Africa - 00 27 10 500 6186
Due to COVID-19 risks please do not go to a lodgement office without making an appointment through the call centre. Appointments help us ensure that staff are available to deal with the claims booked for that day. Anyone arriving at a lodgement office without an appointment might not be able to be attended to.
Step 3: WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BRING TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
- A valid SA ID document or SADC passport
- Industry card or document that shows the industry number if you have it
- Service records from the mines you worked at
- Any available medical records if you have them
- Your valid SA ID document or SADC passport
- SA ID document or SADC passport of the deceased mineworker
- Service records from the mines that the deceased mineworker worker at
- The deceased mineworker’s death certificate and, if available, an autopsy report
- Any available medical records of the deceased mineworker
If you do not have some of documents mentioned above the Tshiamiso will do its best to help find them.
If you may potentially have a valid claim you will be guided to the next step.
Step 4: BENEFIT MEDICAL EXAMINATIONS
The Trust will let you know what medical clinic to go to for your appointment. Please be patient. There may be a waiting period due to the limited availability of medical facilities.
Step 5: DOCUMENT REVIEW BY THE TSHIAMISO’S MEDICAL CERTIFICATION PANEL
If you are found not to have a compensable disease, you will not be eligible for compensation from the Tshiamiso Trust.
Step 6: REVIEW BY TRUST CERTIFICATION COMMITTEE
If positive, the committee will issue a final Certificate after Step 7 is complete.
Step 7: REVIEW BY THE AGENT WHO REPRESENTS THE FOUNDING COMPANIES
Only once this step is complete will the certification committee issue a final certificate.
Step 8: APPROVAL AND PAYMENT
The Trust will also provide you with personal financial advice.